What conditions does the Doctor of Chiropractic treat?
Common conditions and complaints often treated by chiropractors include:
• Muscle spasms
• Rib and chest pain
• Most disc disorders
• Low back pain
• Tendon pain
• Shoulder, neck and arm pain
• Some stress disorders
• Some asthma and allergy disorders
In addition, chiropractors also treat ankles, knees, wrists and elbows, addressing conditions such as:
• Ankle sprains
• Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
• Tennis Elbow
• Jumper’s Knee
• Rotator cuff injuries
• Cranial dysfunction
Since adjustments normalize nerve function, chiropractors may give care simply to enhance overall health.
What can a patient expect?
A chiropractic physician will:
• Take a health history
• Conduct a thorough physical examination to determine and evaluate conditions that are appropriate for chiropractic care.
• Ensure that the patient understands the type of care to be administered and what results to expect.
• Provide clear understanding of financial arrangements.
• Keep current, detailed, and complete records of the patient’s history, examination, and ongoing treatments.
• Provide ongoing evaluations of treatment including both efficacy and projected duration consistent with the patient’s stated goals.
• Refer a patient to a suitable health care provider for conditions that require co-management or are not otherwise amendable for chiropractic care alone.
• Perform appropriate, ethical care delivered in confidence, with respect for privacy and dignity.
• Observe and comply with all applicable HIPAA regulations.